Purpose

Our blog about training and riding from Amsterdam to Barcelona on bicycle during the summer of 2011

TRAINING SCHEDULE

TRAINING SCHEDULE

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Riding in the Rain

Well, it has finally happened. The sky opened up on us about 3/4 of the way through our ride and we learned through expereince that the Trek 520 is indeed up to a downpour. Despite the rain, there were no accidents...except for my attempt to do a little loop-de-loop to let Diego get ahead of me and promptly falling into the wooded bank that bordered the road. Nothing to injured except perhaps my pride.

Also, I only yelled at Diego once ("Slow dowwwwwnnnnn cars might hydroplane!") and I did not cry at all. Hurrah, we are making progress. Today's ride was also the debut of Diego's new iPhone bike mount, which as far as I can tell was a grand success.

My riding outfit consisted of too-big padded bike shorts that hurt more than they helped. I think a new saddle is in order, and certainly some new riding gear. If only it were not all so gosh darned expensive.

Overall a good ride. A week until we are both done with finals. 18 days til graduation. 40 days til departure. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment